Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan's disaster

It's so, so terrible. 10,000 people have died and many are still missing. There's an entire town missing! And even if people survived the tsunami, they have lost everything. You can't even find the spot your house used to stand! And I can't shake the mental image of a wall of water coming at me. You have nowhere to run.
And the problem with the nuclear reactor is very dangerous, too. I really hope that will be alright.

My chest feels tight when I think about all the people in danger. I already donated to the Red Cross, and I'm looking for other things I can do.
I have friends living in Japan whom I haven't heard of yet, and although they live in a completely different area, I'm still very worried.

I can't stand reading lolita blogs now. People only seem to care about problems with the shipping of their items, or if they do care about people, only about the famous ones (Aoki Misako etc.)
And some people even seem happy that the yen will probably lose value! They want to take advantage of other people's misery, how low!

I can't enjoy pretty dresses or other luxuries now, without feeling very guilty.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the guilty part of it very well. I placed an order with Bodyline just a day before the earthquake hit Japan and yesterday I checked the shipping status on DHL...it was on hold. I'm not upset about that though - it's understandable. They have more important things to deal with right now, instead of worrying about the mail and deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check the news every moment I can, hoping for some good news (especially about the reactors...).

    I agree with you about other blogs (I couldn't write anything other than something about the disaster...). Let's all pray and if you don't believe, just think of all the people. That's what I do...

    ReplyDelete