Friday, October 21, 2011

A sweeter side of me

Classic lolita  is my big love, and most of my wardrobe consists of classic clothes. I do like sweet and gothic as well, but I feel they don't suit me very much. Sweet is often too childish for my taste, and I'm not really fond of pastel rainbow colors all over. And I don't think I have the right attitude and face for gothic, I don't have that 'vampire-widow dark elegance' that I associate with gothic.
However, that doesn't mean I will not wear sweet or gothic at all. I can tweak it in such a way that it becomes a little more classic, and suits me more.
This skirt is obviously sweet, but coordinated with a classic blouse and heels it becomes more my style. I really like the result.




Skirt: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright- Paris' Window
Blouse, shoes, thights & hair ribbon: offbrand


I really like how one skirt can be coordinated in different ways, to create a completely different look. If you'd pair this with knee socks, pink tea party shoes, a big Alice bow, and a blouse with a peter pan collar and short puffy sleeves, you'd get a very different image. Put a huge colored wig on top of that and an overload of plastic jewelry, and I would only wear it as a joke.
But I really like the classic-sweet look, and I my next target is trying to coordinate Sugary Carnival in a somewhat classic way. That'll be a challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you look so cute!^^
    It really is a beautiful skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I could see you wearing this with a structured blazer over it too...that'd be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really gorgeous! I love the elegant twist you've created with an otherwise sweet skirt <3

    ReplyDelete