Sunday, May 12, 2013

Loads and loads of socks.

Well, yes.
It has been an awfully long time. I don't claim to be a great blogger and I suppose you all unfollowed me ages ago, but in case anyone is still interested, I thought I'd start again. Rosalynn from Lolita Wonderland gave me the nudge I needed :)
To be honest I don't think my life is interesting enough to blog about. I don't want to be too personal, and I thought a blog consisting only of outfit-of-the-days and look-what-I-boughts would be boring. But actually I enjoy looking at other people's outfit-of-the-days, so I guess it doens't really matter.

Anyways! Japan is a fashion-lover's heaven, even if I'm far away from Tokyo and there isn't one brand shop to be found around here. I'm cheap, anyways, so perhaps it's even better that I'm not tempted. If Grimoire was in Nagasaki, I'd be broke by now... But it's not, and I have to search for gems in the 'normal' stores, but luckily this is Japan and even 'normal' clothes are pretty.

The one thing that really amazes me, is the offer of awesome socks and tights. Lace, prints, see-through, overknee, ribbons, tattoo-tights, they're everywhere! A lot of shops have offers of 3 pairs for 1050 yen, including tights, so even for a cheapskate it's hard not to buy loads and loads of them.

I am lucky I'm short. I'm only 1.63m (which is short for a Dutch girl) and the Japanese tights are usually made for bodies up to 1.65m (which is tall for Japanese). I'm on the tall side for them and some of the tights are almost too short, but I fit easily in most. I have small feet as well so socks (and shoes!) aren't a problem either.

So, let's revive this blog with pictures of some of my recently acquired footwear treasures:

 Cute little bears! I love those ears.
The shoes are also Japanese but I've had them for a while already, so they're a bit worn.
 
  See-trough socks. They're all the rage here, but I still haven't decided whether I really like them or not.

I do really like anything floral with lace, though! 

 
I wanted heart-on-knees-tights for so long! I tried to DIY a pair of tights like these but that didn't work out too well.. When I bought these I thought they'd have a heart on each knee, but this is cute as well.
And different shoes, haha! They were super cheap but the last pair in stock, so they're a little too big for me... I'll search for insoles or something.

And of course, you can't be in Japan for so long without succumbing to the ubiquitous tattoo-tights. (And for 350 yen a pair, who wouldn't?) 
Also, more cheap-but-very-cute shoes.


These just screamed Grimoire to me, but without the high price tag. They're absolutely wonderful. The cute shoes were actually bought in Holland, from Fly Away Fashion!
 
These Alice in Wonderland-tights were some of the first tights I bought here. They may have sparked the passion... Here in combination with cute pink socks with white lace.
 
 
And now the not-so-cheap tights, that I just really had to have:
 

 Celeste Stein's famous Amor & Psyche ones. They're a cult party kei-staple and I wanted them for so long... I stumbled upon them by accident in a secondhand shop in Harajuku, called G2? I believe. You can really see this is an American brand instead of a Japanese one, the fit is much bigger and longer, they even sag around my ankles a bit! Of course this is a good thing for girls who are taller and bigger.
 

And these, the holy grail... Girmoire's Verum tights. I think these are the prettiest ones of all the tights they released, and I love them so much! They're very sturdy too so I won't have to worry too much about ripping them. Still, they're my preciousssss... 
 
Hope you haven't tired of my feet by now :p
I have more but these are the most remarkable ones. I wear tights almost every day and in most of my shoes I really need socks to be comfortable. So if I post more outfit shots, you'll probably see more of them. I hope so, I'll do my best!  

3 comments:

  1. I adore tattoo tights! I have three pairs myself. They're quite simple, but so nice!
    I really LOVE your combination of the Alice in Wonderland tights with the lace socks! *_* And those pink butterfly socks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - tattoo tights seem like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful legs and your tights are really gorgeous, all of them! Doyou wear them also,when they got a ladder or throw away then?

    ReplyDelete