Thursday, September 15, 2011

Outfits for the start of college

College has started again, and since I am now a second-year student I felt the need to show the freshmen what it's like in our department. My major is Japanstudies, so obviously there are a lot of weird people. Sadly, I don't know any other lolita's. But in case one of the new students is a lolita, I thought it would be good to show they're not alone.

I bought some very nice things in Japan, so I could not wait to wear them to college and show them to my friends.
One of the things I was happiest with is this pair of shoes:



Japanese shoes are obviously meant for small Japanese feet, and although my feet are not large at all, I did have trouble finding shoes in Japan. It's weird to be unable to find shoes in my size. Normally I have a very easy size, and I can find lots of shoes (which is not always a good thing...) These are size LL and fit perfectly~ They're so pretty, they remind me a lot of Innocent World and they're perfect for autumn-style classic. Of course I wore them to my first lecture:


Blouse: Earth, music & ecology
JSK: handmade
shoes: Pinky Oring

I went to a hairdresser in Japan, I'd gotten so fed up with my haircut! It was the best hairdresser I've ever been to. So this is what it looks like now:


One of the most brilliant things that happened in Japan was that I found a Mary Magdalene dress, that I actually fit. Mary Magdalene is known for being super small, and I'm not flat-chested like their models... But this dress has shirring, and it fits great! In the fitting room of Closet Child I felt glorious. The lenght is also perfect, and it is such a beautiful dress... I'm in love <3





I will leave you with this picture spam. I'll post my other new items soon!

On a side note, I'm absolutely crazy about Mumford & Sons right now... Their music really touches my heart. Any other fans?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KCg_QEHtkY

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. I still haven't been brave enough to start wearing Lolita in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It helps that I study Japanese, and that my friends all support my style ;)
    I don't think I'd be brave enough either, if that weren't the case...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darling you look so beautiful! I love your first outfit, you are so talented at sewing. And those shoes are super cute (I love everything thathas furr, lol). I hope you do well in school. Have a lovely autumn! <3

    ReplyDelete