Thursday, May 10, 2012

Elf Fantasy Fair 2012

I've been 'out' for a while, due to various reasons... But I've come back to show you some pictures of my Rococo costume that I wore to the Elf Fantasy Fair a few weeks ago.


I made the dress all by myself, and the vest and coat for my partner as well. I also put feathers on her hat and caps on her boots. (And I almost died of stress because of it).
It was quite cold that day, so I sneakily wore a white cardigan underneath the bodice. The gloves and pearls are vintage, I got them from my grandmother. Next time I make a rococo dress, I will definately put boning in the bodice, because this one started wrinkling right away. But I simply did not have the time to figure out boning for this one.



Due to rain the grounds were very muddy and my skirt got dirty...



That's quite a nice castle... It's not Versailles, but it will do, for now.


My partner's cane is vintage as well, she borrowed it from her grandpa.


It was SO much work to get my hair up like that, but a friend helped me and thanks to her it turned out really well :) And I loooove my little boat <3


We participated in a costume contest, but we didn't win anything. Not suprising, because there were many truly amazing costumes. We were the very last ones to enter the stage... Just when it had begun to rain again :( So we (and our clothes) were a little worn out when at last we stood before the jury...


But I had a lot of fun! After all the stress about finishing the costumes on time, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment