Monday, February 7, 2011

Love for local shops

We all know brand is expensive. Luckily, if you can't afford to buy directly from the big names, there are many alternatives. You can always buy second hand, from Bodyline or Taobao, or sew it yourself. That's what I mostly do. However, you shouldn't think that lolita clothes exist only in Asia or in your own imagination. Shops in your own city can carry items that are very useful for lolita. Of course they won't have everything, I haven't found a stunning onepiece or even a loliable skirt yet, but blouses, shoes cutsews and accesories can very easily be found in mainstream stores.
I needed a few cutsews, so I went shopping~ The jewelry I already bought earlier. The following items were all purchased in local warehouses. H&M has a lot of skirts and shirts that would be perfect for gyaru, or accesories for mori-girl. I see so many Japanese influences in their clothes! Six's jewelry collection is awesome and very cheap, and cute heels can be purchased at any shoestore.

Now onto the picture spam... First, the jewelry!
Mori or Dolly style earrings, bought at H&M
...and their matching rings!


Awesome earrings from Six

And now onto the cutsews~ I'm very happy with these, they're super cute! They're also quite short, so they look good above poofy skirts. The only downside is that they're meant for warmer weather, so I can't wear them yet...


from H&M. Pretty flowers, and puffy sleeves!


...also from H&M. I love the lace and the little pearls!
 Legwear:
floral tights from V&D


close-up of the flowers on the tights~

I also got an adorable black cardigan from H&M, with a scalloped neckline and little hearts woven in the fabric, but it is almost impossible to photograph. It only shows as a black blob. It's just too dark in my room, I suppose.

I hope I didn't bore you with all those pictures. I only wanted to show that there are many cute things to be found in local shops. The good thing about shopping locally is, besides the ease of access, that it's much cheaper. Especially when bought in a sale, like I did~ ^^
So, just keep your eyes open and your imagination active, and you'll find some treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment