Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finished my dress! (and a little meme)

Last weekend I was able to finish my IW-style dress. It's sugary-sweet and very pink, but I love it. It turned out exactly the way I wanted. I think it's fitting for spring, because there are pink and white blossoms on the trees everywhere, and now also on my clothes ^^
The long skirt is not very practical on the bicycle, though... And I suffer from hayfever, so please excuse my dull and less-than-charming face on the pictures. I wasn't feeling very well.




And this dress was a lucky find from H&M. Their new spring collection is very flowery, girly and cute: a lot of gyaru, a little bit of lolita influence, and they have some pieces suitable for mori girl as well. I thought this dress was very cute. It's comparable to Bodyline in price and quality, but I like the design much better!

sorry for the blocked out face, but I looked very sleepy -.-
I found this meme on Elegant Poupee, and I filled it out myself, too:

~Lolita Meme~

1.      Best Lolita fashion advice you've ever received?
Dress for yourself, in clothes you think are beautiful. Who cares what other people think?
2.      Style icons?
Zeruda, Sapphira, Ellinor, The pink fairies Audrey Hepburn, Victorian Maiden models, the girls from Une Cortile de Roses (actually, the entire Finnish & Swedish communities…)
3.      Describe your personal style.
Simple, elegant and cute. Classic and romantic.
4.      Favorite designers/brands?
Victorian Maiden, Mary Magdalene, Alice and the Pirates, Innocent World.
5.      Most cherished items?
My handmade dresses. And my one and only BABY dress.
6.      I feel best wearing?
Jumperskirt with a cutsew or turtleneck, tights and pretty heels.
7.      Most used item?
White and black tights. I own about 3 pairs of each.
8.      The first thing I look for in another Lolita's outfit...
Whether the clothes fit them, both size and style-wise.
9.      Lolita Fashion rule you never break?
No bare legs! If your shoulders show, it’s not lolita! (It can still be pretty though, but it’s not ~lolita~).
10.  Never caught wearing?
Bloomers. They’re ridiculous. I always wear tights anyway, but if my skirt flew up and everyone could see what I was wearing underneath it, I’d rather let them see my panties than those ugly, old-fashioned long underpants.
11.  Dress to impress who?
Myself, my friends, and a random lolita who could walk past me and think: hey, she looks good!
12.  Your next "must have" purchase?
Sugary Carnival replica skirt. I usually don’t like AP and I certainly don’t like their price, but SC has grown on me. It’s OTT sweet, but also easy to tone down.
13.  Favorite type of head accessory?
Flower clips, or a pretty headband.
14.  Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
I adore princess seams, they’re the most flattering cut ever. All the dresses I make have them.
15.  Current obsession?
Mori girl, natural earthy colors and long dresses.
16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
The length of your skirt is not as important as many make it seem. It shouldn’t be mini, but I think shorter skirts can look cute and attractive, and I adore the elegance of longer skirts.


2 comments:

  1. Momoko in Kamikaze Girls showed her bare shoulders quite a bit throughout the movie, so that's why I can't figure out why American Lolitas are so anal about "never" showing shoulders.

    But I definitely agree about bare legs...it just looks like something is missing.

    ReplyDelete