Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More news about Japan

I got a phone call from my friends in Japan today. They and their family are all safe and healthy. I was so happy to hear their voices again, I had been so worried! But I feel very relieved now.
They send me a picture from one of their children to cheer me up ^^ "A cute smile for you."

He's so sweet <3
The only thing that still scares them (and me) is the problem with the nuclear reactor. There's a lot of nonsense about it going around on the internet, but it really is dangerous. I hope they will be able to keep it under control.

I have entered the shortlist for a summer school in Nagasaki. There's only place for 10 people, so it's a competition. I'm pretty sure I will make it, my marks and motivation are very good (even if I say so myself...) My friends live in that area too, so I hope I can visit them! When the school is finished I want to go to Tokyo for a few days, and if it's possible, also to Kyoto and Nara (culture & history~ ^^)
This is all wishful thinking of course. If the reactor explodes, Japan might vanish from the earth, and I might study a dead language! Let's hope it won't get to that ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your friends are OK. My hostfamily was OK too. :)

    ReplyDelete